Remember that coconut butter varies with temperature, so if it's a little bit cooler, it will be more solid and a little bit harder to work with. All you need to do to is run the jar under hot water, or place the jar in a pan of hot water for a few minutes and give it a really good stir. It will soften right up.
It is also possible to microwave it for about 20 seconds (more or less depending upon the amount and your microwave). Take care when microwaving, though, as it softens fast and will burn if you microwave it for too long.
(Photo credit: @hollyskeepingitreal)
Here are some of the most popular ways that people like to use coconut butter:
Add it to your oatmeal
- Spread it on toast, English muffins, pancakes, or waffles
- Eat with fruit
- Use to make protein bars/balls/bites
- Drizzle over vegetables
- Add to smoothies
- Add to curries and soups
- Drizzle over ice-cream. It's hardens right away and makes a nice "shell"
- Drizzle over butternut squash or sweet potatoes
- Use as a dip for sweet potato fries
- Use to cook shrimp or scallops
- Eat it straight from the jar
- Just have fun and experiment!