Remember that coconut butter varies with temperature, so if it's a little bit cooler, it will be more solid and a little bit harder to work with. All you need to do to is run the jar under hot water, or place the jar in a pan of hot water for a few minutes and give it a really good stir. It will soften right up.
Here are some of the most popular ways that people like to use coconut butter:
Add it to your oatmeal
- Spread it on toast, English muffins, pancakes, or waffles
- Eat with fruit
- Use to make protein bars/balls/bites
- Drizzle over vegetables
- Add to smoothies
- Add to curries and soups
- Drizzle over ice-cream. It's hardens right away and makes a nice "shell"
- Drizzle over butternut squash or sweet potatoes
- Use as a dip for sweet potato fries
- Use to cook shrimp or scallops
- Eat it straight from the jar
- Just have fun and experiment!